How do I join Cadets?
Joining a Cadet Unit is really easy. Just follow the following steps:
- You must be at least 13 or in Year 9 at High School. Most people who join are between 13-15.
- Find your closest New Zealand Cadet Forces unit you may wish to serve with.
- Choose the unit you would like to join.
- With your parents / guardian visit the unit on one of their parade nights and meet the Unit staff.
- The Unit staff will show you around, talk to you about Cadets and probably invite you to attend a couple of parades
- When you have made up your mind that NZ Cadet Forces is for you the Unit staff will give you an enrolment form to fill in and ask your parent / guardian to sign.
- Hand the completed enrolment form to the Unit Staff.